The US really is stupid!

A place to vent. Post pet peeves, personal views or philosophy, or just start a conversation.
sgt

Re: The US really is stupid!

Postby sgt » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:35 pm

Ken, as a USMC Sgt-Vietnam 1966/67, Vietnam Veterans Against the War (Gainesville 8+4) and Wounded Knee II Vet I agree and then some. I don't agree tricky dicky was the worst, close- after all he did put me and my fellow "co-conspirators" in jail, cheney/shrub et al were the worst. They started the complete destruction of the Constitution and Obushma continued. Good went to sleep after tricky dicky evil was defeated. Evil never sleeps. It was Sir Ronald of the House of Ray Guns that set all in place for the election of the orange fascist. I used to think he was a narcissistic sociopath, now a narcissistic psychopath. A clear and present danger to what is left of America (now called the Corporate Police State of Amerika/Trumpistan) and the world. The orange turnip is without a single redeeming graces, lacks any morals, ethics, duty to country, or empathy to those that weren't born with a platinum spoon up their ass. Clinton was beyond a mistake by the corporate demoRats, Bernie would have beaten trump hands down as would some homeless guy off the street. Keep a cell open in GitMo for him and all his ilk. Oh, and btw, I'm no pacifist. Never was into that "peace, love, dope and good vibes" thing.

This by my best friend/brother, killed by Agent Orange:

I have taken an oath "to defend the government and constitution against
all enemies foreign and domestic." What do I do when my government
becomes the greatest enemy of the constitution?

--John W. Kniffin, Sgt, USMC
Vietnam Veterans Against the War

KB_Thailand
Site Admin

Postby KB_Thailand » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:33 pm

This is my opinion: your opinion may vary. I do invite civil conversation on the subject.

As many of you know, I was more than a bit incredulous that the American people had decided that Donald Trump should be the president. As outlined in my initial post, I felt the man was a con-man and shyster and he set off all of my warning bells. To say I would not buy an apple from the guy is not stating the case too strongly.

But now we come to the point he has been in office for 10 months. In those 10 months, the amount of turmoil and rancor has hit an all time low in my experience. I thought Richard Nixon was as low as a president would ever get, but honestly, I think Mr. Trump has him beat.

We have a president who thinks that Fox News and Breitbart are the only 'real' news organizations (and Breitbart has slipped a bit in his eyes), and indeed tweeted that NBC should perhaps be 'stripped of their broadcasting license' for a story HE declared, predictably, as FAKE NEWS. Now I don't know if the story is factual or not, but I ASSUME that the major networks do try to vet their stories, and indeed have MUCH MORE FAITH that they do than I do for Mr. Trump's choice of news outlets! But that is not the point. The point is, Mr. Trump seems to have this dangerous attitude that anyone who disagrees with him needs to be silenced. I would ask the question, and am unsure I would get a reliable answer, as to whether Mr. Trump has the slightest idea of what it is to be American? Constant threats, intimidation, bullying and slanting all viewpoints are NOT an agenda that is supposed to be used by a U.S. president, but it seems that Mr. Trump has nothing to say if he does not use these tactics.

Mr. Trump reminds me of my kids when they were in the first and second grade, arguing over minor things, threatening each other, calling names, and generally being a great PITA to everyone around them. This is NOT what the POTUS should aspire to!

Everyone is up in arms of Mr. Weinstein's ongoing sexual assault issues. However, we have a man who is now president, on film, saying basically he did some of THE SAME THINGS as Mr. Weinstein! Does nobody else find this to be indicative of a MAJOR problem with personal honor, believability and personality, or is it just 'expected'?

Also, Mr. Trump's supporters are quick to 'defend the Constitution' and many describe themselves as patriots, but one has to wonder if many of them have actually read and understood that illustrious document. The issues with the press, the NFL protests, or anyone else who dares to disagree are just plain scary to me. America: Love it or Leave it seems to be back in full force, but only if you ascribe to ONE vision of America. One that has been shown to be duplicitous, racist, hypocritical, self-serving and, dare I say it, EVIL. The 'do as I say, not as I do' thing did not work for my parents, and it damned well should not work for a country!

I won't even get into how scary it is that nuclear war has now become an 'option' again! I thought we learned that lesson long ago, but it seems that people have a short memory, and when the POTUS is one of those who has the short memory, and indeed might not even be aware how certain words might be taken or remember if he said them, it gets to the point of ridiculous scary!

For any of you who think I am 'unpatriotic' for questioning our president, remember that indeed our founding fathers EXPECTED citizens to question. I served 4 years in the Marine Corps when it was much more 'cool' to run off to Canada. But I also have read a lot of 'neglected' history, and know our country is NOT the epitome of virtue that we are spoon fed, so I am much more a sceptic and question more than the average joe.

I would be particularly interested in hearing the opinions of those of you who supported Mr. Trump when he was elected. Has any of the outright craziness made you reconsider, question, or otherwise alter your thoughts? Believe me, I am NOT saying we would be better off with (insert name here) as POTUS. I AM saying that the POTUS we are stuck with is downright scary in my opinion, and am looking for thoughts of what can be done about rectifying a bad choice before it kills the country and maybe the world.

KB
You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.
Reason is poor propaganda when opposed by the yammering, unceasing lies of shrewd and evil and self-serving men.
-- Robert Heinlein

KB_Thailand
Site Admin

Postby KB_Thailand » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:45 pm

That is just...REALLY weird!!!

KB
You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.
Reason is poor propaganda when opposed by the yammering, unceasing lies of shrewd and evil and self-serving men.
-- Robert Heinlein

Loki

Postby Loki » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:22 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness"...Mark Twain

Thank God for Atheists

KB_Thailand
Site Admin

Postby KB_Thailand » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:48 am

He has also said he will appoint a climate denier as head of the EPA and has said his chief strategist will be a white nationalist, a well known right wing conservative who supports much of the far right agenda and headed another fake 'news' site that was a propaganda machine...

Just sayin...

KB
trump1.jpeg
trump2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-- Robert Heinlein

Loki

Postby Loki » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:51 am

Entertainment Network News...............reports nothing but rioting........ :lol:

BUT

Thank God for Atheists

blondieaka

Postby blondieaka » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:25 am

As an outsider looking in.....I think it was Hobsons Choice as us Brits say.
Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.
I feel very scared, apprehensive for my American Family. I hope that much of what was reported was newpaper talk. I also think he didn't really expect to win and sprouted his mouth off and maybe is now regretting some of what he said?

Was Clinton a viable option...I think both are flawed but I have also been concerned with many aspects of what have been reported of late and have over recent years been of the mind set that countries need to be governed and run like business...It's a huge job.

Trump is a very successful business man and maybe just maybe he can change some things for the better...I am sure the ride will be rough and bumpy but lots need to change in the world not just America.

I say God bless America and pray that he does things right for your country.
I was reading about his wife and chidren you know and they seem to have turned out fine and work hard and are good people ....If he was all bad surely that wouldn't be the case.

Wow that's a lot of adding my two penneths worth.

KB_Thailand
Site Admin

Postby KB_Thailand » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:31 pm

Wow...just wow. So a man who has shown total disdain for anything and anyone but himself is going to change his stripes and become a man of the people? As my mom used to say: when pigs fly. She also used to say tigers do not change their stripes, and in my experience, this is very true.

I HOPE you guys are right. Really. However my gut tells me you are not...that you've been sucked in by the scam that is DT. I hope I am wrong and in four years you can say 'We told you so' but my prediction is he will be a one term president, and will be far richer a year after he leaves office after creating more unrest and divides than in the 60's. I do not trust the man as far as I could throw him, and he sets off every BS trigger I have. What is really scary is that there is now a majority in both houses, so pretty much the whole agenda is open, and damn the torpedoes, science or any logic!

KB
-- Robert Heinlein

Loki

Postby Loki » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:56 pm

Also a Trump fan, and change is good. The last 2 administrations have been a disaster, and quite frankly, anything is better than a continuation of that madness. Which off course, Clinton admittedly would have been.

My mother worked for Trump, and didn't have a bad word, and quite loved the guy. Nuff for me.... :lol:

Haven't disagreed with much of anything he has said during his campaign.

Thank God for Atheists

stoneman

Postby stoneman » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:06 pm

KB...Like you said ...everyone is entitled to their opinion...I am also a US Army veteran...and I fully support Trump and the changes he is bringing to the US...

Return to “The Soapbox”