Udon Thani Immigration office

The never ending saga of remaining in Thailand...
KB_Thailand
Site Admin

Re: Udon Thani Immigration office

Postby KB_Thailand » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:31 am

A heads up if you didn't know. I went to immigration today to renew my Permission to Stay. They will be closed tomorrow Oct 13th, and I believe Oct 25th-27th if I recall the posted sign correctly, so a heads up if you need to get things done there.

New process all around: THREE people had to look at the paperwork, and the charge was 2000 baht since they needed to make extra copies of something. I THOUGHT I had it all covered, but nope, 3 extra copies = 100 baht. New procedures also as 90 day is now separate, and needs to be done after the extension. Now yellow paper for 90 day instead of white. All in all, it wasn't too bad, just a bit different.

And yeah Pomps, the older gentleman at the 90 day desk is a real class act. :) Friendly and chatty and speaks English well, and no request for 'tips'. :lol:

KB
You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.
Reason is poor propaganda when opposed by the yammering, unceasing lies of shrewd and evil and self-serving men.
-- Robert Heinlein

pompui

Postby pompui » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:52 am

What a charming oldish chap on 90 day desk,opened the doors of immo early 8.25am welcomed the 3 of us farang waiting in English,90 secs later updated 90 day report in yellow paperform this time,must be recyclable no more white to save money and no tip box.presumably the young chap from before has taken it with him 8-)

pompui

Postby pompui » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:34 pm

Just read an update on UM re the 90 day desk,new chap there now,the tip box has been binned and presumably the young chap who was there short time has found another job somewhere 8-)
Looking forward to a painfree quick service in september 8-)

pompui

Re: Immigration office today re 90 days

Postby pompui » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:22 am

Full compliment of staff there this morning,mr happy 90 day man has moved on,a young chap doing it now,seemed competent but they were enforcing the fill out the information form ,not viewed, stapled to the old 90 from my passport and no doubt filed away in a cabinet in the back.
Would hope they would apply some specific info to add into their computers as the form requires info re next of kin being contact address and tel number same as if relative or family in home country,blood group type.Other parts of form re facebook/line/email left blank.
Will await completing it in 3 months time.loads of people doing 90 days,blocked the entrance only 2 doing long visa extensions,where there were staff in all positions except seat 1, chatting if not serving.First seat left free so presume the lady with the glasses will eventually come back after maternity,seemed pointless none of staff sitting there but doubled up at the other desks,TIT.

macca46

Postby macca46 » Tue May 31, 2016 11:30 am

It would be very interesting to know just how much tea money they scam each day.

In December last year when I did my extension I was first in line and had the big boss I made a mistake in not getting change handed him two 1000 b notes no change same as the guy next door to me no change he did query it all he got was a smile.

The general says he will stamp out corruption and bribes I wonder which century if ever.

KB_Thailand
Site Admin

Postby KB_Thailand » Tue May 31, 2016 10:19 am

Just transferred my visa to the new passport. Took almost an hour, and was charged 500 baht by the head man. When I told I thought it was a free service, he just looked at me over his glasses. Figured it was better to pay than create 'issues'. I saw another gentleman from the US pay the same, so at least it is consistent in what the 'charge' is. No receipt.

KB
You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.
Reason is poor propaganda when opposed by the yammering, unceasing lies of shrewd and evil and self-serving men.
-- Robert Heinlein

papaguido

Postby papaguido » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:22 am

Loki wrote:Yes, transferring visa / ext is a free service, as Papa pointed out. She tried to get 1000 from me, then asked for 500, then 100............sorry, ticky / no pay. 8-)

The corrupt one in the first chair tried to take me for 500bt for the visa transfer. The mistake she made was to return my processed passports and then asking for the fee. I asked her for a receipt and she said "no receipt" and I said "mai receipt, mai baht and got up and left. Her friendly demeanor changed, but didn't say anything or attempt to stop me. If it was a legit service I would think they would prevent me from leaving until I payed.

To be honest, I don't know how I would have played it out if she didn't hand me back my passports before asking for payment. I was aware of the scam before hand and wasn't sure how i was going to handle the situation, but I definitely was going to challenge it.

Yes, to some 500bt isn't much or not worth the effort to challenge the corruption and after watching the time consuming process I would agree to paying for such service.

papaguido

Postby papaguido » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:56 am

Loki wrote:
KB_Thailand wrote:When I had to go to the States in April, they charged me 1000 baht for a reentry permit, where I *THINK* the going rate is 1900 baht?

Once you get your new passport, my understanding is that they are supposed to transfer your visa and extension for free.
Re-entry stamp is 1000 for one time use, 1900 for multiple use.

Application for re-entry permit

Single entry: 1,000.- Baht
Multiple entries within remaining period of admission: 3,800.- Baht

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en ... p?page=fee

Your welcome :thumbup:

KB_Thailand
Site Admin

Postby KB_Thailand » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:44 pm

Good information. Thanks guys! :thumbup:

KB
-- Robert Heinlein

Loki

Postby Loki » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:59 pm

KB_Thailand wrote:When I had to go to the States in April, they charged me 1000 baht for a reentry permit, where I *THINK* the going rate is 1900 baht?

Once you get your new passport, my understanding is that they are supposed to transfer your visa and extension for free.
Re-entry stamp is 1000 for one time use, 1900 for multiple use.

Yes, transferring visa / ext is a free service, as Papa pointed out. She tried to get 1000 from me, then asked for 500, then 100............sorry, ticky / no pay. 8-)
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness"...Mark Twain

Thank God for Atheists

Return to “Visas”