Tonight's dinner

Have a favorite place in Udon Thani or elsewhere for something special?
Looking for a place to get a rare item for Udon Thani or Thailand?
This is the place to post!
KB_Thailand
Site Admin

Re: Tonight's dinner

Postby KB_Thailand » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:06 pm

Soft tacos. Pork browned with homemade taco seasoning, onion and jalapenos. On soft tortillas with sour cream, Monterey Jack cheese and chopped tomato. 4 of these were just right. ;)

KB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.
Reason is poor propaganda when opposed by the yammering, unceasing lies of shrewd and evil and self-serving men.
-- Robert Heinlein

KB_Thailand
Site Admin

Postby KB_Thailand » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:36 pm

I will definitely make this again. :thumbup:

My TW, who hates cheese, tried 1 bite and said it was too spicy. This is the woman who eats som tum that will burn your face off! :lol: Methinks it is just an excuse to say something besides 'I don't like cheese'. ;) It is spicy, but not overly so. Just be sure to remove the seeds and ribs unless you like it hot.

Yeah Pomps...you definitely need a statin tablet for dessert. :D

KB
You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.
Reason is poor propaganda when opposed by the yammering, unceasing lies of shrewd and evil and self-serving men.
-- Robert Heinlein

pompui

Postby pompui » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:26 pm

Looking very good :clap: ,forgot to get monterrey jack during my last visit to VM 8-)

Definitely not for slimming :D Can see my arteries getting blocked by monterrey cheese :o :lol: 8-)

KB_Thailand
Site Admin

Postby KB_Thailand » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:08 pm

I was talking with a friend from New Mexico and we started talking about Chili Rellenos. He told me he makes a Chili Relleno casserole with jalapenos, so I decided to try it since I had never heard of it. So here is KB's Jalapeno Relleno casserole. ;) :lol: It's definitely a keeper for me!

Note: This recipe is for a small casserole dish. (The knife in the picture has an 8" blade) You can find similar recipes for larger dishes by searching for 'Chili Relleno casserole'.

Recipe:
Ingredients:
6 jalapenos, roasted, cored and seeded
4 oz. sharp cheddar - shredded + another oz. for top
4 oz. Monterey Jack - shredded
1/3 cup milk
1 Egg
2 Tablespoons AP flour
1/4 tsp cumin + 1/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano + 1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
4 tablespoons tomato sauce with half the cumin and oregano (1/4 and 1/2 tsp respectively) mixed in
Bread crumbs (optional)

Directions:
Seed and core the roasted jalapenos.
Oil a small casserole dish.
Place 3 jalapenos skin side up into the bottom of the dish.
Cover jalapenos with cheddar cheese.
Place 3 more jalapenos skin side down atop the cheese.
Cover with Monterey Jack.
In a small bowl, beat egg, then add milk and beat until frothy.
Add flour and remaining cumin and oregano and beat to combine.
Pour mixture over the jalapeno/cheese.
Bake in a 325F (160C) oven for approximately 20-25 minutes.
Remove from oven and top with tomato sauce and additional cheddar cheese.
Lightly sprinkle some bread crumbs on the top and return to oven for about 10 minutes, checking to be sure not to burn the cheese.

Notes:
The dark in the pictures was due to the char on the jalapenos, not due to burning. I put the char side down on the bottom and up on the top, and would change that in the future to keep the dark from making the food look burned. I have changed it in the above recipe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-- Robert Heinlein

pompui

Postby pompui » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:11 am

20171008_091207.jpg
20171008_091223.jpg

No parmagiano or monterrey jack cheese in the house,had to make do with allowrie 4 cheese for topping,beefmeatballs in arrabbiata sauce,2 deseeded and chopped jalapenos.angel hair spaghetti 8-)

KB_Thailand
Site Admin

Postby KB_Thailand » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:07 pm

And 30B for apple pie? Wow! Would like to have seen a picture of it as usually much more here!

I also like white mushrooms deep fried with the horseradish dipping sauce! But I have yet to figure out why white mushrooms are so expensive here. Last I bought was like 120 baht for 250g I think! :wtf:

KB
-- Robert Heinlein

pompui

Postby pompui » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Had no shittake in the fridge so had to make do with the portobellos,just realized had onion rings in my freezer so should have substituted mushrooms for them,nevermind :lol:
And 75 baht :thumbup: ,even with decent looking chips,why is Udon so expensive for a damn burger :o :lol: 8-)

Loki

Postby Loki » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:22 pm

฿75 Aussie Beef Burger + FF

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness"...Mark Twain

Thank God for Atheists

KB_Thailand
Site Admin

Postby KB_Thailand » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:19 pm

Yep...agree with Loki. I am not a fan of portabella mushrooms, but the rest of it looks tasty! :thumbup: (I prefer shitake mushrooms, especially with steak)

KB
-- Robert Heinlein

Loki

Postby Loki » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:10 pm

:thumbup: :thumbup:
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness"...Mark Twain

Thank God for Atheists

Return to “Shopping & Ingredients”